Where We Stayed: The Hyatt Regency Orange County
I went to Disneyland the day after Greg and Stephanie’s wedding. I have been to Disney World MANY times and I was anxious to see Disneyland so I could compare the two. Here are my thoughts..
- Disneyland, for those that don’t know, is the equivalent to Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. The Disney complex in Anaheim houses Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure (which is themed to display California’s history – and has a variety of rides, roller coasters, etc).
- Sleeping Beauty’s castle at Disneyland is pathetic. Sorry, California, but it is. It’s comically small and short — and makes Cinderella’s castle at DW look positively gigantic.
- It’s a Small World was much more elaborate at Disneyland.
- The teacups were precious. I can’t decide if I like DW’s or Disneyland’s more. But it’s my favorite ride, so I love them no matter what.
- Instead of Libertyville, Disneyland has New Orleans Square. New Orleans Square was quaint and adorable!
- Toontown at Disneyland was better than the now defunct Mickey’s Toontown Fair at DW.
- Overall, Disneyland very similar to the Magic Kingdom. It’s the same…but different. If that makes any sense. There are parts of both parks that I like over the other — but overall, I will always love Disney’s Magic Kingdom the most.
- The other great thing about Disney World is that you really do feel isolated and part of a different environment. For miles, it’s Disney World. Disneyland is different. You step outside the park and you’re right in Anaheim – not exactly charming.